Voltage Valet 50 Watt Voltage Converter
Voltage Valet

Voltage Valet 50 Watt Voltage Converter

Regular price $ 26.95 $ 0.00 Unit price per
Shipping calculated at checkout.

This transformer-type voltage converter can be used with North American 110-120 volt electronic and motorized devices that require 50 watts or less, while traveling in countries with 220-240 volt electricity. Includes the round pin European appliance plug.

Use with electronic and motorized devices such as: battery chargers, camcorders, CD/mp3 players, cell phones, contact lens disinfectors, digital cameras, electric shavers, oral hygiene devices, radios, sound machines.

Overload protection: if an overload condition occurs your converter will automatically shut off, protecting the converter and your appliance. To restart, simply unplug the converter and allow to cool, then plug back in. There are no fuses to replace.

Important: an additional European adaptor plug, type "B" (PBC-1), is required to fit recessed sockets found in most countries in Continental Europe. Note: the v5b is not designed for continuous use and should be removed from the electrical outlet when not in use.

Note: do not use this converter with hair straighteners. Their actual wattage usage during heat up is three to four times the rated wattage and can damage this converter. Remove from outlet to cool down after 30 minutes.

Color may vary.

To see which adaptor and converter you need for your travels, look for the countries you will be visiting at this link:

Remember, adaptor plugs DO NOT convert electricity; they simply change the shape of the plug to fit into foreign outlets. If your device is dual voltage, you only need an adaptor. If your device is only rated to handle 120V, you will need an adaptor AND a converter. Please reference the guide below.



When traveling abroad there are 2 items that you may need in order to make use of your electrical appliances.

  • Plug Adapter---changes the shape of the plug to be able to fit in foreign outlets.
  • Voltage converter---changes power input from the 220 volts that much of the world uses to our 110 volts. If your appliances are ‘Dual Voltage’ or ‘Worldwide Voltage’, then they will convert the voltage automatically.  If not, then a converter is necessary.

Appliances must have a stamp, sticker or molding that lists the specifications for the item.  Below is a listing of what you are likely to see when looking for a voltage input rating as well as the places to look on common appliances.

 Needs an Adaptor AND a Converter Needs ONLY an Adaptor
Input: 110 V Input: 100/240 V
Input: 110 VAC Input: 100/240 VAC
Input: 120 V Input: 110/220 V
Input: 125 VAC Input: 120/240 VAC
If there is only a one-hundred number and no two-hundred number, then the device is NOT dual-voltage Any one-hundred number slash two-hundred number is dual-voltage


Most basic converters are only made to run for 30 minutes before they will overheat. If your converter is not a grounded/continuous use one, make sure you take it out of the outlet to cool down after 30 minutes of being plugged in, even if it wasn’t being used.

Do not use a converter “just to be safe.” If a device is already dual-voltage, using a converter will increase the risk of fire. ONLY use converters with devices that need it and can handle it.

Do not use converters with hair straighteners. The converter and the flat iron do not communicate well and can lead to a fire.

Most electronics, computers, cell phones, digital camera batteries, E-readers and electric razors have the listing on the charging units that plug into the wall, not the item itself. Curling irons and flat irons are marked on the device itself. If it’s dual-voltage, it will switch automatically.

Hair dryers can be auto-switching or might have a switch.  If it is dual voltage, look for a small switch on the handle that says “125” and “250”.  Before traveling, it will need to be flipped to the 250 setting.

CPAP Breathing Machines can be marked on the plug or on the unit itself.  Be aware that if it is not dual-voltage a larger ‘grounded converter’ will be necessary due to the machine’s need to run continuously for a long period of time. Do not use a regular non-grounded converter for a device like this.

Most power strips and extension cords purchased in the U.S. are not rated for 220 volts. Find a travel one.